Before I did this experiment, I did a lot of research, especially watching a lot of recommended videos. Most of these reviews stay in the performance description, and the actual effect is unknown.
In order to understand the real effect, I specially selected four machines, which are in different price segments, 500,200 and 50 dollars respectively.
In order to simulate the home environment and challenge the performance of robot vacuum, a set of game rules is designed.
In such a 30 square meter room, there are several obstacles, such as 90 ° right angle, the dead alley under the chair (to test the dead angle cleaning ability), the thickened anti-skid carpet (to test the climbing ability and deep cleaning ability). Ten different types of garbage were set up with paper scraps, melon seeds, rice grains, hair threads and crushed grain scraps.
Set all the sweeping robots to full-automatic mode, put them out to work, when they feel that they have finished their work and automatically return to the charging post, finally look at the cleaning results.
No 1, iRobot Robot Vacuum, $500 Level
When sensing the presence of garbage, the robot will repeatedly clean this area.
- When sensing the presence of garbage, the robot will repeatedly clean this area.
2. The carpet can also be easily climbed up, and smoothly took away the paper scraps and rice grains on it.
3. Enter a narrow space and escape successfully.
4. The hair in the corner of the wall can be easily swept away. Half of the melon seeds in the right angle area have been cleaned up.
The whole process takes 40 minutes. All 10 wastes are cleaned up, with a coverage of 100%. Finally, it automatically returns to the departure area, aligns with the charging base and starts to charge automatically.
No 2, 360 Robot Vacuum, $250 Level
After starting the sweeper robot 2, it doesn’t start sweeping directly, but just rotates in place. What’s the situation?
It’s still the same after restarting.
After reading the manual, I know that this sweeping robot uses driverless technology and has the same sensor configuration as lidar, ultrasonic, odometer, gyroscope, etc.
It rotates in place, has a general judgment on the environment, and then starts to extend the edge of the cleaning. It takes about 5 minutes to draw a very clear indoor map, and then starts to clean. The principle is about this.
- Draw the route map of the whole room first, and then clean it according to the route with clear logic;
- Basically, the cleaning scope covers the whole room, and all the 10 wastes have been cleaned;
- The carpet can be easily climbed. In addition to the paper scraps and rice grains on the surface, the deeper ones can also be taken away. The effect is better than No. 1;
- The expectation under the chair can also be well identified and cleaned;
- The hair and melon seeds around the wall and corner have been removed;
The whole process takes 30 minutes, which is the shortest among all the sweeping robots. Because the road map drawn first, the whole process is relatively smooth, and there is no repeated sweeping of a certain area. All 10 pieces of garbage are swept to the wall and corner, and the garbage is relatively clean. After the sweeping, it will automatically return to the seat for charging.
No 3, Cheap one, $50 Level
- Small volume and light weight, no charging base, manual start;
- The chassis is low and easy to be stuck;
- The power is small, and when encountering the carpet, the dishes will be stopped completely;
- The garbage like hair and paper scraps are just stuck under the fuselage and dragged away, and they don’t really enter the storage box.
One hour later, 5 of the 10 wastes were not swept, and the storage box was small with limited storage capacity.
Through the first round of cleaning ability test, the cheapest sweeping robot is basically useless. Cheap is not good. It’s fully reflected here. The performance of sweeping robots in other price segments was good.
Then we go on with the test.
In a complex environment, breaking away from entanglement is a very important ability. I don’t want the robot to be stuck in a pile of wires. I need to help it like nanny. It’s not an automatic cleaning robot.
Test results: it took 23 seconds for No. 1 to escape successfully, 45 seconds for No. 3 to escape after dragging the wire for a while, and No. 2 and No. 4 were all stuck.
Intelligent collision avoidance
Cleaning at home, will inevitably encounter the wall foot of the table, afraid that the robot does not know how to avoid. But if it’s far away, it can’t sweep the garbage on the edge, so this intelligence is very important.
- When robot 1 approaches the obstacle, it will decelerate and buffer obviously, then gently touch the obstacle, and then turn around;
- No. 2 robot bumps into the obstacle straightly. When it encounters resistance, it will slightly adjust its direction and repeatedly bump;
- At the moment of approaching the obstacle, robot 3 suddenly slams on the brakes, then turns around and walks away without any contact with the obstacle, which means that it will regret to leave a dead corner for cleaning;
- Robot 4 is also forward courageously, only turning after touching the nose, without any preventive measures.
Through the three most important tests, cleaning ability, Untwisting ability and anti-collision ability, we can get the following result: